Village of Blackville Public Notice Regarding COVID-19
The Province of New Brunswick has declared a State of Emergency in response to the Covid-19 outbreak.
It is up to us as a community to mitigate the risk of spreading of the virus. We can reduce the spread of infection and reduce your risk by:
- Hand washing is one of the best ways to protect yourself and your family from getting sick. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Practice coughing/sneezing etiquette when coughing or sneezing
- cover your mouth and nose with your arms or tissue
- wash your hands and dispose of any tissues you have used into the garbage
- Stay home if you are sick to avoid spreading illness to others.
- Social Distancing
- Maintain a distance of six feet between you and others
- Limit Contact with others and avoid large crowds
- If you know of neighbours, friends, elderly, etc., that may be alone, please check in with a simple phone call and update them on the current situation.
If you require help:
Call 811 if you have concerns or questions about symptoms you are experiencing or have experienced, travelled out of country and are unsure what to do etc.
Terry Burns is offering his services to community members who are elderly, afraid or physically incapable of buying food, medical supplies, and prescriptions because of COVID-19. If you, or someone you know, would like to contact Terry, you can do so by email at or call the village office at 843-6337 to make arrangements. He will go to your house, pick up your list and money and return with your items, receipt and change. Terry Burns resides in the Blackville area, son of Sylvia and Frank Burns. He is known locally and can be trusted.
All rooms at the Blackville Community Centre are closed for events, meetings, and gatherings. The municipal office remains open, however, walk-in visits will not be accepted. If you require in-person service please call 843-6337 prior to visiting.
Please know that the Village of Blackville has an emergency measures plan and is monitoring the situation constantly. Please monitor our website www.villageofblackville.com and Facebook page facebook.com/blackvillenb for the most recent updates on the current situation. Local radio will be communicating all available information as made available.
Please take care of yourselves and help keep our community safe.
-Mayor and Council, Village of Blackville
Leave a Comment