Miramichi River Valley Employment Opportunity: Casual/Call-In Municipal Enforcement Officer (Animal Control)
The Rural Community of the Miramichi River Valley is presently accepting applications for the Casual/Call-in position of MUNICIPAL ENFORCEMENT OFFICER (ANIMAL CONTROL).
An Animal Services Officer is a compassionate, understanding, and empathetic individual who is empowered to enforce the municipal animal by-law. Duties will include, but not be limited to documenting and investigating complaints associated with roaming/untethered animals, barking dogs, injured, neglected and/or dangerous animals.
As such, Animal Service Officers are officers that are entrusted to specific duties that include, but are not limited to:
- Enforcement of all applicable animal control by-laws and provincial legislation.
- Providing education, advice, and assistance to the public.
- Issuing written warnings and penalties to the public.
- Other duties as requested by council of the Miramichi River Valley.
Required Abilities, Skills and Qualifications
- Have excellent communication, record keeping, organization, and customer service skills.
- Must demonstrate sound judgement, tactfulness, and courtesy to deal with the general public on issues of a sensitive and potentially controversial nature.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving, decision making, and prioritizing skills.
- The physical fitness and ability to climb, lift, and move heavy items.
- Have a valid driver’s licence and in good standing.
- The ability and willingness to work days, nights, weekends, and statuary holidays.
- The ability and willingness to be on call overnight to respond to calls for service.
- Monthly On-Call Pay
- By The Hour
How to Apply
Please forward resume to:
Miramichi River Valley Municipal Office
12 South Bartholomew Road
Or by email:
The Miramichi River Valley thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: April 10, 2023