Homestay Coordinator position available at North and South Esk Regional High School
A Homestay Coordinator (Independent Contractor) position is available at North and South Esk Regional High School.
Atlantic Education International through its New Brunswick International Student Program (NBISP) welcomes youth, aged 11-18, from around the world to come to New Brunswick to study in the Anglophone sector of our public education system. One of the strengths of NBISP is its homestay program. Each student who participates in the New Brunswick ISP is closely matched with a host family who lives in the area of the school that they will attend.
NBISP is searching for a self-motivated homestay coordinator to join the team as an independent contractor.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Promote the host family program in your community
- Seek new homestay families on an ongoing basis
- Recruit, screen and interview host families
- Foster and encourage student engagement
- Organize activities for international students
- Communicate regularly with students and host families
- Respond quickly to emergency situations
- Collaborate and produce reports regularly with Regional Manager & Homestay Administrator
- Organize and attend student arrivals and departures
- Work with AEI staff to deliver student and host orientation
Your attitude, skills and interests are just as important as your area of study or expertise. Applicants should have diverse backgrounds that bring a combination of the following:
Need to have:
- Minimum high school diploma supplemented by relevant further education/experience in the field of education, social work or the social sciences
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours
- Must have own car and valid driver’s license
- Must have the ability to work within tight timelines
- Must demonstrate sensitivity for the requirements of international students: language difficulties, culture shock, and community/school adjustment
Nice to have:
- International experience an asset
- Experience in programming for youth aged 11-18 years old
- Knowledge of database systems and computer technology
- Understanding of the New Brunswick education system
Remuneration is based on the number of student placements that the successful candidate has in their portfolio (at any given time throughout the year).
Deadline to apply is Wednesday, August 9, 2023.
Only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.