Name suggestions wanted for new Entity 22 amalgamated municipality
We need a name for Entity 22! Help us choose!
As you may know, the residents of the Village of Blackville and the Local Service Districts of Renous-Quarryville, Blackville, portions of North Esk, South Esk, Derby and Sunny Corner will become a new amalgamated municipality in November of this year. We need a name for our new community and we value your suggestions. When creating a new name for a community, the following guidelines are recommended:
- Use descriptive names of the surroundings/significant geographical or historical feature(s). For example, we are blessed with beautiful geography, major rivers and forks, as well as a world-famous salmon fishery. You can use those themes for inspiration.
- Avoid using existing community names
- Avoid using personal/company names
- Avoid combining words of different languages
- Plural forms should be avoided
Please note: Your mailing address will not change as a result of amalgamation.
Please submit your suggestions (as many as you like) either by emailing or by using the following drop-off locations:
- Sunny Corner General Store
- Clouds Convenience
- Williamstown Esso
- Renous Convenionce
- Route 118 Convenience
- Blackville Circle K
Suggested names must be received by April 27, 2022 to be considered. All suggestions will be reviewed by the Entity 22 Advisory Committee. The selected name will be submitted for approval to the Geographical Names Board of Canada (GNBC).
Thank you for participating in naming your new community!
Leave a Comment